Salary will be up to $18.97 per hour (based on experience) - 37.5 hours per week
Are you the type of person that can connect easily with others and who wants to make a difference for children with disabilities? We are currently seeking a Child Find Outreach Specialist to cultivate relationships and educate our local communities about our Southernmost Coast Early Steps program in Miami. The Child Find Outreach Specialist is responsible for ensuring individuals, families, and medical providers in the surrounding communities are aware of the Early Steps program, including how to refer children to the program. The qualified candidate will network with community providers and organizations for public awareness and provide educational opportunities to promote the Early Steps program. The Child Find Outreach Specialist will regularly monitor and track their activity, data on referral sources and other information, and provide routine updates.
A Snapshot of What You Will Be Doing:
- Represent Easterseals Florida/Early Steps at various community and industry events, to help attract new families and referral sources and promote brand awareness
- Distributes community awareness materials so families are aware of our services
- Build relationships with and provide individual education to community pediatricians and other medical specialists, hospitals, local education agencies and other providers regarding Early Steps eligibility criteria and the local referral process
- Obtain new referrals through your referral source relationships
- Accurately track client referral and conversions from each source.
What we offer:
- Live and on demand Professional Development opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Several Supplemental Insurance Policies
- 403B Savings Plan
- Easterseals Cares Wellness Program
- Work Life Balance
- The Opportunity to Make a Difference in the Community and the Organization
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience (formal training and hands on) working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Experience with performing community outreach preferred
- Work independently and effectively with minimal on-site supervision
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented; ability and desire to set and reach achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success
- Ability to energize, communicate, and build rapport with diverse audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills, with a natural, consultative style
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations in various settings and with diverse audiences
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends
- Ability to meet Easter Seals Florida Approved Driver Requirements to travel for community outreach
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP) (including medical marijuana).
Easterseals Florida has been rated a 2020 and 2021 Great Place to Work by our employees! We provide services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities. Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.