Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
We are looking for a dynamic individuals to work on an as-needed basis as Substitute Disability Services - Life Skills Trainers in our Palm Bay location to provide training and instruction to adults with disabilities in the areas of production work including community inclusion, job training, vocational skill acquisition, daily living skills, life-enrichment activities and other skills needed to develop independence, work and self-advocacy skills. Program participants perform various service contracts, which enable them to develop natural supports and perform valued social roles. The Substitute Disability Services - Life Skills Trainer will ensure that program participants' vocational goals are attained, reported and tracked in accordance with their individual program plans.
Our Substitutes fill in as needed when staff are out due to vacations or unexpected absence. The Substitutes will also fill in during times of high client census. You may know ahead of time when you are needed, or you may be called at a moment's notice. The hours for substitutes will vary, so these positions are ideal for individuals currently with other part-time positions, college students, or those wanting to work on a limited basis.
- Interacting and developing positive and professional relationships with program participants, their families, and community members on a daily basis
- Providing constant supervision, engagement and support to program participants
- Facilitating skill development programs for assigned participants including required instruction, assistance, prompting and documentation
- Ensuring processes and timelines are met in relation to vocational skill training, including, but not limited to, assisting in contract work, performing quality assurance for contract work, loading and unloading of contract work
- Completing required data collection/documentation accurately and timely
- Operating company vehicles in order to transport program participants as scheduled
- Facilitating a safe working environment by performing routine housekeeping duties, reporting potential hazards and consistently maintaining assigned facility/area in a safe and clean manner
- Implementing personal care, meal, medication administration and behavior service protocols as outlined by the program and providing care for program participants, including activities of daily living (personal hygiene needs, toileting, mealtime assistance and repositioning)
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program or experience in job placement, job coaching, counseling, or other related experience working with persons with disabilities is a plus
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive our vehicles, or in some cases your personal vehicle, as required to drive for program related business
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.