Salary is $16.00 per hour (full time position, 37.5 hours per week, plus benefits)
Easterseals Florida is seeking a positive and professional Employment Specialist who is passionate about helping adults with disabilities gain independence through job readiness training and employment opportunities. This position will be located at Camp Challenge in Sorrento, Florida. In this position, you will help clients with pre-employment job skills training, find on-the-job training locations, assist with writing a curriculum for a summer career camp, and run the summer career camp. This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week, where your impact will empower independence.
What we value:
- Four (4) years of experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities; or
- A bachelor's degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources or economics and one year of experience as described above; or
- A Master's degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources or economics and six (6) months' experience as described above; or
- An Associate's degree, or a Bachelor's or Master's degree in an unrelated field and two years' experience as described above.
- Must possess or will need to obtain Supported Employment Certification
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal on-site supervision
- Excellent organizational, time management, and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure effective interaction with partners and team members, as well as to make effective presentations
- Proficiency in using Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Must be able to meet the Easterseals Florida approved driver qualifications
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP).