Salary is $11.44 per hour (plus benefits)
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
We are currently seeking a professional Preschool Assistant Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators in making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs. The Preschool Assistant Teacher will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary learning environment to allow the children to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively and professionally with the Teachers in the classrooms, as well as other program staff, to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive classroom environment that supports individualized learning based on children's needs and interests
- Assist the Teachers in providing individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Form trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Assist with preparing and implementing lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Assist with implementing the developmental assessment for each child
- Expand the children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role modeling of desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of a National Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Documented completion of the Department of Children and Families (DCF) 40 hour Introduction to Child Care Training and 5 hour Literacy Course - on your DCF Transcript
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children (12 months to 5 years of age) with disabilities or special needs
- Working with our dedicated team of early childhood professionals
- Excellent medical benefits through Florida Blue
- Easterseals Florida pays approximately 78% (equaling about $6,400 annually) of the employee only cost of our medical insurance
- Easterseals Florida pays 100% of our life insurance policy and long-term disability policy through Florida Combined Life
- Optional supplemental employee paid insurance plans (AFLAC, Allstate, Dental Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Nine paid holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Two weeks of vacation time per year, accrued during the year increases to three weeks after two years
- Two weeks of sick time per year, accrued during the year
- Two personal days after one year of employment, prorated based on hire date
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.