$11.44 per hour (full-time with benefits)
Easterseals Florida is seeking a Head Start Assistant Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators in our Teen Parent Program in making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs (one year to age five) in our Murray Child Development Center in Tampa. The Head Start Assistant Teacher will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary learning environment to allow the children to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
This position requires:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED with one of the following:
- A Florida Staff Credential (one of the following): Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC), Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC), National Early Childhood Credential (CDA/NECC), or
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, or Associates Degree or higher with at least 6 college credit hours in early childhood education or child development and at least 480 hours of experience in a child care setting serving children ages birth through eight
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training required
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP).