$25.00 per hour - Substitute position (not full time)
Easterseals Florida is seeking a compassionate, professional and dynamic Nurse (LPN) to join our team on an on-call basis as a substitute for our Adult Day Healthcare program in Gainesville, Florida. The substitute nurse will perform all health monitoring and nursing services for participants in the program. The substitute nurse will provide excellent care and customer service in a person-centered setting designed to enhance the quality of life for our participants. You may know ahead of time when you are needed, or you may be called at a moment's notice.
What we value:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Florida Licensed Practical Nurse License
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities and special needs and/or the aging population and Alzheimer's patients.
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants (i.e. potential verbal and physical aggression, wandering, inappropriateness, inability to follow directions, resistance to care, etc)
- Ability to assist with the transfer of participants to and from chair or wheelchair and assist clients with activities of daily living (toileting, bathing, ambulating, feeding, changing clothes, etc)
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Alzheimer's Disease or Related Disorders Training
Easterseals Florida is an AA/EEO employer and Drug Free Workplace (DFWP).