Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals Florida Camp Challenge is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
We have an immediate opening for a part-time Maintenance Specialist/Janitor (16 hours per week) individual to keep the camp clean and orderly. The Maintenance Specialist/Janitor is responsible for all aspects of janitorial and housekeeping within the facilities and camp grounds to ensure a clean and safe environment. The Maintenance Specialist/Janitor also assists the Camp Ranger in maintaining the physical integrity of the camp by maintaining and improving the overall appearance of the property.
- Adhere to all established safety and financial policies to ensure that all janitorial operations occur in a safe, economical, and smooth-running manner
- Carry out the work assigned to maintain the facilities in a safe, sanitary, neat and appealing manner
- Complete janitorial services based on facility schedule of work and frequency including, but not limited to: cleaning, sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and waxing floors; cleaning toilet facilities and keeping restrooms supplied with towels, soap, and other items; collecting and disposing of trash from waste bins; changing light bulbs
- Complete facility maintenance projects like cutting limbs, minor repairs to cabins, etc.
- Helping with set-up for and clean-up after camping sessions, rental groups, and events
- Ensuring storage areas are kept neat and organized
- Maintain accurate records on all assigned projects and complete all paperwork, reports, and assignments in an accurate and timely manner as required by regulatory agencies, the EPA, OSHA, and the local Health Department
- Assist in providing on-call coverage and response for any housekeeping emergencies, as needed
- Observe appearance and condition of premises and equipment and communicate all needed repairs and safety hazards to supervisor in a timely manner
- High School diploma or GED and six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Dependable, trustworthy and able to stay on task with minimal supervision
- Flexible with working hours
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems (HVAC a plus)
- Experience using hand and power tools; painting (interior and exterior)
- Ability to read manuals and drawings and document repairs
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.