Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Are you high energy and enthusiastic, and do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of adults and children with disabilities and special needs? Easterseals Florida Camp Challenge is seeking a motivated and energetic nurse (LPN or RN) for our upcoming Summer Camp program (June 2, 2019 through July 21, 2019). As the camp nurse, you will coordinate services to meet the health care needs of campers in an outdoor recreation setting. This is an overnight residential position where you would stay at camp for the seven (7) weeks of the summer camp program.
The summer camp nurse positions are overnight residential positions where you stay at camp for approximately seven weeks (from June 2, 2019 to July 21, 2019).
Working at Easterseals Florida Camp Challenge is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
You will provide excellent care in a recreational setting designed to enhance the quality of life for our campers. Your ability to be compassionate, detail oriented, and enjoy engaging others with your high energy is critical for your success. Duties include (but not limited to):
- Develop positive relationships with campers that enhance the camping experience and ensure that campers feel safe and cared
- Coordinating health services for each camper, beginning with check-in or upon any change in condition throughout the duration of the weekend camp program
- Assessing and monitoring specific health needs
- Facilitating and advising campers regarding dietary compliance
- Ensuring medications are stored per standard medical practices and regulations
- Administer medications as per doctors' orders
- Perform treatments as authorized by the campers' physicians
- Document medical administration and other pertinent information regarding the campers' health and well-being
- Communicate health changes or camper health status to families and/or caregivers
- Live and play at Camp! - During the seven week summer camp period, you will essentially live at camp… sleeping in the cabins on property
- Current Florida Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to assist in the physical care of our campers including lifting and transferring
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities and special needs is preferred
- Being ready and able to work one of the hardest, yet one of the most rewarding, jobs in your life
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.