$25.00 per hour - Substitute position (not full time)
Easter Seals Florida is provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals Florida is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
We are seeking a compassionate, professional and dynamic Nurse (LPN) to join our team on an on-call basis as a substitute for our Adult Day Healthcare program in Winter Park, Florida. The substitute nurse will perform all health monitoring and nursing services for participants in the program. The substitute nurse will provide excellent care and customer service in a person-centered setting designed to enhance the quality of life for our participants.
The substitute nurse will fill in when our regular staff nurse is out due to vacation or unexpected absence. You may know ahead of time when you are needed, or you may be called at a moment's notice. The hours for the substitute nurse will vary, so the position is ideal for individuals currently with other part-time positions, college students, or those wanting to work on a limited basis.
What you'll be doing:
- Administering medications ordered by physicians and processing, reviewing and implementing physicians' orders
- Monitoring and recording vital signs and reporting any abnormal vitals to RN Supervisor
- Overseeing dietary needs of participants; supervising snack and meal times to ensure diets are adhered to
- Documenting observations and changes in participants' conditions or behavior
- Recognizing emergency situations and coordinating any on-site medical or health care emergencies
What we value:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Florida Licensed Practical Nurse License
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities and special needs and/or the aging population and Alzheimer's patients.
- Demonstrated evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and require minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work well with patients/families, caregivers and with other health care professionals and provide consistent excellent customer service
- Ability to work with challenging behaviors expressed by participants (i.e. potential verbal and physical aggression, wandering, inappropriateness, inability to follow directions, resistance to care, etc)
- Ability to assist with the transfer of participants to and from chair or wheelchair and assist clients with activities of daily living (toileting, bathing, ambulating, feeding, changing clothes, etc)
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Alzheimer's Disease or Related Disorders Training
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.