Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Easterseals operates several child development centers in partnership with the School District of Hillsborough County for teen parents while they are attending classes. The program is designed for teen parents to be able to continue their schooling while their infant and toddlers (two weeks to 36 months of age) are cared for in a quality early care and education setting operated by Easterseals.
Our goal is to maximize each child's development so they are prepared to enter kindergarten, be successful and need no further special intervention. This is done through a developmentally appropriate curriculum and environment, warm and caring adult/child interactions, therapeutic services, family support services when necessary, and a team approach that emphasizes independence and family strengths.
The Teen Parent Program includes:
- Child Care services provided for teenage parents while they are attending classes
- Parenting and support for the teen parents to learn about caring for their child, healthy interactions and developmental milestones
- Accredited facilities
- Gold standard developmental assessments for all children
- Resource management and parent involvement
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
We are seeking a professional Preschool Assistant Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators in our Teen Parent Program in making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs. The Preschool Assistant Teacher will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary learning environment to allow the children to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with the Teachers in the classrooms, as well as other program staff, to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive classroom environment that supports individualized learning based on children's needs and interests
- Assist the Teachers in providing individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Forming trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Assist with preparing and implementing lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Assist with implementing the developmental assessment for each child
- Expand the children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role modeling of desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
- Some travel may be required
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to fill in order to travel to our other sites in Plant City and Ruskin, as needed
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children (two weeks to 36 months of age)
- Working with our dedicated team of early childhood professionals
- Working during the school year and having summers off
- Excellent medical benefits through Florida Blue
- Easterseals Florida pays approximately 78% (equaling about $6,400 annually) of the employee only cost of our medical insurance
- Easterseals Florida pays 100% of the life insurance policy and long-term disability policy through Florida Combined Life
- Optional supplemental employee paid insurance plans (AFLAC, Allstate, Dental Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Five paid holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Two weeks of paid vacation time per year, increasing after two years
- Six paid sick days per year
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.