$11.44 per hour (plus benefits) - School Year Position
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities. Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
Easterseals operates several child development centers for teen parents while they are attending classes. The program is designed for teen parents to be able to continue their schooling while their infant and toddlers (two weeks to 36 months of age) are cared for in a quality early care and education setting operated by Easterseals. Our goal is to maximize each child's development so they are prepared to enter kindergarten, be successful and need no further special intervention. This is done through a developmentally appropriate curriculum and environment, warm and caring adult/child interactions, therapeutic services, family support services when necessary, and a team approach that emphasizes independence and family strengths.
We are seeking a professional Preschool Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators in our Teen Parent Program in making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs. The Preschool Teacher will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary learning environment to allow the children to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Forming trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Preparing and implementing lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Implementing the developmental assessment for each child
- Travel and provide coverage, as needed, to our centers in Tampa, Plant City, and Ruskin
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- A Florida Staff Credential (one of the following): Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC), Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC), National Early Childhood Credential (NECC), Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, or Associates Degree or higher with at least 6 college credit hours in early childhood education or child development and at least 480 hours of experience in a child care setting serving children ages birth through eight
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
- Ability to meet our approved driver requirements to be able to drive to our other centers to provide coverage as needed
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- Working during the school year and having summers off
- Health insurance (78% Employer paid)
- Life insurance and Long Term Disability (100% Employer paid)
- Discounted rate on Easterseals Florida services
- Five paid holidays
- Six paid sick days per year
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.