$11.44 per hour (plus benefits)
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
Do you have a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs? Easterseals Florida is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, talented and committed individual to join our team as a full-time Preschool Teacher for our child development program in West Palm Beach!
The Preschool Teacher will interact with children (from birth to age five) and their families. You must be comfortable with diapering, feeding and getting on the floor to play with the children. Our teachers provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary environment to allow the children in our programs to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with all program staff to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive classroom environment that supports individualized learning based on children's needs and interests
- Provide individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Form trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Prepare and implement lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Implement the developmental assessment for each child
- Expand the children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role modeling of desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- A Florida Staff Credential (one of the following)
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC)
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC)
- National Early Childhood Credential (NECC)
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Associates Degree or higher with at least 6 college credit hours in early childhood education or child development and at least 480 hours of experience in a child care setting serving children ages birth through eight
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children (birth to 5 years of age) with disabilities or special needs
- Working with our dedicated team of early childhood professionals
- Excellent medical benefits through Florida Blue
- Easterseals Florida pays approximately 78% (equaling about $6,400 annually) of the employee only cost of our medical insurance
- Easterseals Florida pays 100% of our life insurance policy and long-term disability policy through Florida Combined Life
- Optional supplemental employee paid insurance plans (AFLAC, Allstate, Dental Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 30% Discount on Easterseals Florida Services - enrolling family members (child, parents, grandparents) in our programs (some conditions apply)
- Nine paid holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Two weeks of vacation time per year, accrued during the year increases to three weeks after two years
- Two weeks of sick time per year, accrued during the year
- Two personal days after one year of employment, prorated based on hire date
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.