Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
Easterseals Florida is looking for an outgoing and responsible individual to fill our Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position in West Palm Beach, Florida. The ideal candidate will be friendly, highly organized, able to manage multiple phone lines, accurately input data into various computer programs, reliable, and will possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills. This position requires an outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills.
The qualified candidate will provide administrative support for our Treasure Coast Early Steps program, which serves children birth to age three with developmental delays and their families. This Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position is responsible for the administrative details of ensuring a smooth and effective office operation, including (but not limited to) greeting guests, answering phones, knowing (and learning) where to find answers for internal and external clients, and working well as part of a team. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position will make our sure customers receive a welcoming and enjoyable experience when visiting and contacting our office.
- Represent Easterseals Florida in a professional and courteous manner while answering a multi-line phone system and greeting office guests, clients and visitors, directing them to the appropriate person or areas and/or providing information and assistance as needed
- Perform routine clerical work, including but not limited to copying and/or scanning documents, sending and receiving faxes, entering and retrieving computer data
- Process daily incoming (and outgoing) mail and distribute to appropriate persons
- Participate as assigned in logging daily deposit process by receipting/preparing bank deposit or taking deposit to the bank
- Address internal office needs such as ordering supplies and coordinating maintenance needs and equipment repair
- Travel for meetings and other business related needs as required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months' related experience and/or training
- Ability to answer a multi-line phone system
- A passion for helping others
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
- Warm personality with excellent customer service, communication, and people skills
- Must be a pro-active problem solver with the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel), the Internet and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive your personal vehicle, as required, to drive to meetings and for other business related needs (minimum age of 21 and good driving history)
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities or special needs
- Working with our dedicated team of professionals
- Excellent medical benefits through Florida Blue
- Easterseals Florida pays approximately 78% (equaling about $6,400 annually) of the employee only cost of our medical insurance
- Easterseals Florida pays 100% of our life insurance policy and long-term disability policy through Florida Combined Life
- Optional supplemental employee paid insurance plans (AFLAC, Allstate, Dental Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 30% Discount on Easterseals Florida Services - enrolling family members (child, parents, grandparents) in our programs (some conditions apply)
- Nine paid holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Two weeks of vacation time per year, accrued during the year increases to three weeks after two years
- Two weeks of sick time per year, accrued during the year
- Two personal days after one year of employment, prorated based on hire date
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.