Who we are:
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a responsible, reliable, energetic provider for our Respite Program. The successful candidate will provide compassionate in-home care for children aged 0-18 years who have a disability, developmental need or chronic illness as well as their typically developing siblings up to age 12. Care will include direct interaction with age appropriate activities designed to meet the health, safety, behavioral, nutritional and recreational needs of the children.
What you'll be doing:
- Attending to each child's physical needs including preparing meals, feeding, dressing, operating adaptive equipment as necessary, and administering medications as outlined in writing from the parents and as prescribed
- Following any activities or directions as outlined by the parents
- Engaging children in age appropriate activities
- Working with the family to maintain consistency in handling behavior problems
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the children at all times
What we value:
- High School Diploma/GED and Child Development Associate credential; and one-year of experience; or
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive your personal vehicle, as required to drive for program related business
- Due to the need to drive for the organization to attend events and for other development needs, you must be at least 21 years old and have reliable transportation
- Ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships with families, co-workers, and referral sources
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including working evenings and weekends, as needed to meet the needs of the program
- Respite for Young Children Training
- CPR and First Aid Certification
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.