Salary is $38,766 (plus benefits)
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Do you want a career where you come home every day knowing that you made a difference in lives of children? Are you looking to work with a team who truly cares about the children and families they serve? If you answered yes, then the Treasure Coast Early Steps program of Easterseals Florida is looking for you to fill the role of Service Coordinator in our West Palm Beach location. Our program serves children from birth to age 3 with developmental delays, providing services in the families' homes, at daycare, at the playground, or wherever the children are during the day (in the natural environment). We provide a parent education, evidence-based program whose goal is to give strategies to the child's caregiver based on the child's and family's needs during routine activities.
Working at Easterseals Florida is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
- Coordinate initial meetings with families to determine eligibility for services
- Provide education to families on the services available in the community to enhance the child's continuing development
- Assist families in gaining access to available services in the community and in obtaining information on available funding sources to help in meeting the needs of the children
- Serve as the single point of contact for the family in obtaining the services needed
- Work as an essential part of the multi-disciplinary team in the development of the Individual Family Support Plan and monitor the implementation of all services recommended by the evaluating team, including ongoing activities and future recommended services
- Work closely with a professional team, including Infant Toddler Developmental Specialists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Speech Language Pathologists, to monitor service delivery and progress with developed outcomes.
- Complete case note documentation and all paperwork by required deadlines in order to ensure you secure the services to meet the needs of the clients in the program
- Travel to clients' homes, playgrounds, daycare, etc., to meet with the families in the natural environment
- Network with other community agencies to research and coordinate a variety of resources and services
What we value:
- A bachelor's degree or higher with an emphasis in the areas of psychology, social work, health education, interdisciplinary sociology, early childhood, child development or special education (college transcript and copy of diploma are required)
- One year of hands-on experience with young children and families in a teaching, case management, or counseling role, or with individuals with special needs and/or developmental delays of any age in a case management role
- Bachelor's degrees in other fields require a minimum of 3 years of experience in case management, teaching or counseling working with children with disabilities
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive our vehicles, or in some cases your personal vehicle, as required to drive for program related business
- An energetic, resourceful and professional individual who will promote a positive, respectful and team-based environment
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.