Who we are:
Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we're looking for:
Easterseals Florida is looking for a substitute teacher/instructor who can implement lesson plans and activities for our students or adults in our Naples day program. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with middle and high school students (ages 11-22) and adults (ages 18 and up) with a range of developmental disabilities.
The substitute will provide instruction when the teacher/instructor is out due to vacation or unexpected absence.
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities
- Working with our dedicated team of professionals
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with the Teachers and ADT Instructor
- Understand routine of the Teacher and Instructor when it comes to delivering lesson plans and running the activities in the event of absence in order to maintain a structured daily schedule
- Communicate with parents/families as appropriate and necessary
- Ensure data is collected per instructions from teacher
- Drive company vehicle (6 or 10 passenger vehicle) to community based instruction locations
What we value:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with at least one year of experience or employment providing care or working with individuals with autism or related developmental disabilities
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive our vehicles, or in some cases your personal vehicle, as required to drive for program related business
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.