Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
Do you have a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs? Easterseals Florida is looking for highly motivated, energetic, talented and committed individuals to join our team on an on-call basis as Substitute Preschool Assistant Teachers for our Murray Child Development Center! Our substitutes will fill in (on an "as needed" basis) when our Preschool Teachers or Assistant Teachers are out due to vacations or unexpected absence. You may know ahead of time when you are needed, or you may be called at a moment's notice. The hours for substitutes will vary, so these positions are ideal for individuals currently with other part-time positions, college students, or those wanting to work on a limited basis.
Our substitute positions require interacting with children (from one to five) and their families. You must be comfortable with diapering, feeding and getting on the floor to play with the children. The substitutes will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary environment to allow the children in our programs to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively and professionally with the Teachers in the classrooms, as well as other program staff, to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive classroom environment that supports individualized learning based on children's needs and interests
- Assist the Teachers in providing individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Forming trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Assist with preparing and implementing lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Assist with implementing the developmental assessment for each child
- Expand the children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role modeling of desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Benefits of joining the Easterseals Florida team:
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children (two weeks to 36 months of age)
- Working with our dedicated team of early childhood professionals
- 403(b) Retirement Plan