Are you looking forward to Summer 2019? We sure are!! We are looking forward to providing the best summer camp ever to our campers!!
Easter Seals Florida Camp Challenge provides children and adults with disabilities and special needs a summer getaway filled with laughter, friendship and fun. Our summer camp activities staff are a big part of making that happen. We are currently seeking an energetic, motivated and creative individual to fill our Lifeguard position for the 2019 summer camp season.
The lifeguard organizes activities in and around the pool. The lifeguard will work closely with other staff to schedule and oversee these activities and ensure that campers have a safe and positive experience. The lifeguard will also assist campers in other recreational activities such as sports, archery, the challenge course, arts and crafts, swimming, talent night, and making s'mores at campfires. Additionally, the lifeguard will assist with the personal care needs of our campers.
The lifeguard position is overnight residential positions where you stay at camp for approximately seven weeks (from June 2, 2019 to July 21, 2019).
Working at Easterseals Florida Camp Challenge is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
- Create and implement pool activities for campers with disabilities and special needs
- Open and close pool area each day, monitoring weather conditions to ensure a safe swimming environment
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and ensure safety in and around the pool area at all times
- Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures
- Render first aid and CPR within the scope of certifications
- Maintain pool area and equipment (as well as other camp areas) so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
- Develop positive relationships with campers that enhance the camping experience and ensure that campers feel safe and cared for
- Help campers create and plan activities in the cabin for talent night, skits, and other programs
- Ensure camper safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Provide assistance to campers with bathing, toileting, feeding, and other personal care
- Engage and assist campers with a high level of energy and enthusiasm during activities including swimming, arts and crafts, the challenge course, sports and games, and evening programs
- Live and play at Camp! - During the seven week summer period, you will essentially live at camp… sleeping in the cabins on property
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, and great communication skills
- Previous experience in water safety and lifeguard experience is preferred
- Strong swimming skills
- Current Lifeguard Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Compassion, energy, and creativity skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish effective working relationships with children, adults and coworkers
- Ability to work prolonged hours outdoors
- Ability to stand or be physically active for prolonged hours
- Ability to assist in the physical care of our campers including lifting and transferring
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Being ready and able to work one of the hardest, yet one of the most rewarding, jobs in your life
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.