Easter Seals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
We are seeking a motivated, energetic and professional Center Director for our Naples Academy and Adult Day Training program who is committed to making a difference in the lives of adolescents and adults with disabilities and special needs. The Center Director is responsible for day-to-day operational tasks, sustaining a high standard of quality programs, building private school enrollment, managing the tuition scholarship fund and school budget, building a local donor base, working with local funders and referral sources, and leading, motivating and supervising a small dedicated team of professionals.
The Center Director is expected to provide and maintain safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate programs, meeting all applicable regulatory/licensure standards and regulations. Exceptional problem solving, leadership and communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills, are key to success in this role.
- Advocate on behalf of children and adults with disabilities by building academic, recreational, volunteer, and employment opportunities for program participants
- Provide a warm, welcoming environment ensuring easy accessibility for the people we serve
- Meet and greet current/prospective families, provide tours and enrollment information. Confer with families/caregivers regarding facility activities, policies and procedures
- Establish positive working relationships and communicate regularly and effectively with parents/families/caregivers, staff, students, participants, and members of the community
- Ensure a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive environment that supports individualized learning
- Develop systems to insure program services are performed, accounted for, and reported on in full compliance with the terms of all contracts, licensing and accrediting agencies
- Continually identify/investigate funding sources and opportunities to meet program enrollment goals and expand program services
- Lead and manage a dedicated team of professionals, providing regular feedback and development activities
- Provide a positive and professional example to staff, promoting teamwork, inspiring enthusiasm, initiative and motivation
- Develop and help execute classroom improvement plans based on accrediting agency and assessment observation feedback
- Work in the programs as needed to provide coverage for absent staff and/or to provide breaks for staff
- Participate on and professionally represent Easterseals in community activities, coalitions or task forces, and speaking engagements
- Travel as required for program and organization related meetings
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with adolescents and adults with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- Bachelor's degree in a health, educational or social service field and two years of experience working in a disability services program; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
- Must have the ability to engage people and lead a small team.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet our approved driver requirements to be able to drive for program needs