Are you looking forward to Summer 2019? We sure are!! We are looking forward to providing the best summer camp ever to our campers!!
Easter Seals Florida Camp Challenge provides children and adults with disabilities and special needs a summer getaway filled with laughter, friendship and fun. Our summer camp cooks are a big part of making that happen by providing delicious, fresh, well-balanced meals to our campers and staff.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill our summer camp cook position for the 2019 summer camp season. Responsibilities include prepping, cooking and serving meals, adapting menus to those with dietary needs, and maintaining safety and sanitization standards in the kitchen and dining hall. The summer camp season runs from June 2, 2019 to July 21, 2019.
Working at Easterseals is more than just a job - it's an opportunity to be part of something bigger! If you want to translate your talent, your passion, and your commitment to help people with disabilities, families and the community, you might be exactly what we are looking for.
- Participate in menu planning
- Prepare and cook high quality meals for 80 to 90 campers and staff
- Adjust menus for special diets and other individualized client needs
- Assist with after-meal cleanup, including all kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure the safe and sanitary storage of food and supplies
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe kitchen
- Provide direction to the kitchen assistants as needed
- Compassion for working with children and adults with disabilities and special needs
- High School Diploma/GED; and six months related experience and/or training
- Experience cooking in a commercial kitchen is preferred
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Good knowledge of proper sanitary practices
- Punctual, responsible and self-motivated
- Food handlers certification preferred
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.